Be prepared to be a winner!
For three months beginning June 11th and running through September 5th, the RMRL is holding a membership drive – with prizes awarded to the members who refer the most new members to the Rocky Mountain Radio League.
The rules are simple:
- Eligibility. All winners must be members in good standing (dues current.)
- Members of the Board of Directors are not eligible for any prizes. (K1DUN, KD0AOE, WT0C, and WN0EHE.)
- All others currently holding positions with the RMRL, such as the technical staff, ARE eligible.
- Renewals do not count, the person must be a new member. A renewal is defined as someone whose membership has not expired or whose membership will expire during the period of this Summer Membership Drive. In order to count as a new member, the membership had to have expired on or before 5/31/2017.
- To be counted as a “new member,” the person (individual, family, or youth) has to both fill out the membership form AND pay their dues.
- The new member must name you as the referrer in their application. The online form asks “Did someone refer you to the RMRL? Let us know who we can thank!” with a place for the Callsign and name of the referrer. The PDF form has a box that reads “Referred by:” also with a place for the Callsign and name of the referrer.
- Prize tiebreaker: The member who has checked into the Monday night RMRL net the most during the period of the membership drive will be awarded the prize in the case of a tie.
All members who refer 5 or more people will be awarded one (1) free one-year membership. They can use it for themselves or designate a person of their choosing. Since they, or the person they designate, already has a current membership, the free membership will be applied to the following year. For every 5 members, a free one-year membership will be awarded. Bring in 10 members, receive two (2) free one-year memberships and so on.
The members who refer a minimum of 6 or more members will be eligible to win a free radio! A brand new, in-the-box, TYT MD-380. That is a DMR digital radio, 400-480UHF; an extremely popular choice for those wanting to explore the world of digital ham radio. The member who has the most referrals after meeting the minimum wins, the tiebreaker is how many times the referrer checked into the RMRL Monday night net during the period of the Summer Membership Drive.
Everyone is a winner! Not everyone will win a prize, but we’re all winners when our club gains new members. It makes the RMRL stronger and that’s good for all of us! Be a part of a club that is constantly evaluating new technologies, keeping their existing repeaters in good repair and working order, and welcomes every licensed ham. Be a part of one of the friendliest clubs on the Front Range!
Note: The radio has been generously donated. No club funds have been allocated for this radio.